Scorpion RF Monitors
Download the PDF catalog of this section to view anytime.
- Wireless electronic technology (W.E.T.®) eliminates the need to operate a monitor from atop an
apparatus, as recommended by NFPA 1901
- No control wiring — requires only 2-wire power connection
- Self-contained relay box is permanently mounted on the monitor — eliminating the need to mount
- Wireless control allows operator to be removed from the apparatus and see the stream for
positioning — from up to 1/4 mile away with hand-held transmitter
- Patent pending easy on-scene programming of oscillation for exposure protection or hazardous
- Unlimited number of monitors may be operated interference free
- Several ISM bands available for license free use around the world
- Efficient at high flows — 4" fully-vaned waterway
- A version of the Scorpion® RF with 215° vertical travel
is now available for aerial ladders with either standard
or pinned waterways. Vertical travel to 215° allows
extreme versatility in stream position regardless of
ladder elevation – even when the ladder is positioned
below the horizontal. Advanced electronics also limit
vertical travel when the waterway is retracted from
the ladder tip (pinned waterway).
- The Scorpion® RF is designed to be installed with a
minimum of necessary wiring. A simple 2-wire
connection – ground and power wires only –
dramatically reduces installation costs.
- W.E.T.® monitors from Elkhart Brass promote firefighter
safety and increase fireground effectiveness.
- NFPA 1901 recommends the use of remotely operated
monitors “without the need for a person to climb to
the top of the apparatus.”
- Fireground personnel can tend monitor without being
located at the apparatus.
Key Configurations (Accessories)
Panel Mount Control (2)
Hand Held Transmitter (3)
Aerial Switch Box (4)
Dimensions and Layout
Control Components Configuration
Scorpion RF Selector Guide
Components and Options Chart
|Components and Options
System requires either a
panel mount or OEM
transmitter. Up to 15
additional controllers of
any type may be added.
||Panel Mount – Operator control (accepts 12-24V DC) typically
utilized as an apparatus mounted primary controller as required
by NFPA. Additional panel mount controllers may be added to any
system for secondary control.
|OEM Transmitter – Operator control interface (accepts 12-24V DC)
to OEM supplied switches or aerial switch box (below). May be
assigned as the NFPA required primary controller or as a secondary
|Hand Held Remote – Wireless remote control. May not be used as
a primary controller. Requires 2 AA batteries.
||Surface-mount toggle switch box – operation requires OEM transmitter
|24V Power Module
||24V to 12V – required for monitor only
|Auxiliary Battery Pack
||Back up to truck power (12V)
|Companion Flange Kits
||4" 150# ANSI steel flange with bolts and gaskets
|SM-1250E – X-STREAM®
||SM-2000BE – X-STREAM®
||181-3 – DELUGE TIP
|ST-195 – STACKED TIP
||84 – BUTTERFLY WAFER VALVE